Members Sought for Green Building Advisory Group
The deadline for submitting an application is July 19, 2013. One can download an application form here. To apply, one can send their application and their resume by July 19, 2013 by email to:
Aly Pennucci, Senior Planner
Legislation implementing the revised Living Building pilot program will be delivered by the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) to the Council no later than December 31, 2013. Legislation implementing the new Seattle Deep Green pilot program is expected by December 31 of next year.
The Advisory Group will provide recommendations to DPD on updating the City’s Living Building and Seattle Deep Green Pilot Program, which aims to promote sustainable building and development.
The Group will also meet on an as-needed basis to review proposed code amendments or pending projects until the frequency of its meetings and composition are addressed in legislation implementing the Seattle Deep Green pilot program by the end of 2014.
Check out DPD’s Living Building & Seattle Deep Green Pilot webpage for more info.
The advisory group will consist of qualified professionals from diverse fields within the greater Seattle area that have technical knowledge, experience and interest in sustainable development. The advisory group will also include at least one experienced sustainability professional associated with a community council or other neighborhood group. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council and will serve a two-year term.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for green building and sustainability
- Knowledge of the overall building design, construction and development process
- Sustainable building expertise and experience
- Technical expertise in efficient building systems (e.g. energy and water), green stormwater management, and/or other relevant specialty
- Knowledge of and experience with green building certification programs, such as the Living Building Challenge™, LEED™ or other programs
- LEED™ accreditation or other sustainability or green building related credentials
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively
- The ability to work with diverse people and perspectives
- At least one member must be a current member of a community council or neighborhood group.
Members should expect to work 4-6 hours a month attending and preparing for meetings. It is anticipated that the group will initially meet two times per month through December 2013 and no more than once a month in 2014. Members are expected to attend at least 90 percent of the meetings.
If emailing an application is not an option, applicants are welcome to send their applications via U.S. snail-mail to:
Aly Pennucci, Senior Planner
Dept of Planning and Development, City of Seattle
700 5th Ave, Suite 2000
P.O. Box 34019
Seattle, Washington 98124-4019
Keep in touch…